Monday, January 07, 2008

2007 the review

So I've been seeing a lot of these up on blogs and I'm a sucker for peer pressure so I'm going to do it because everyone else did it. And yes, I proved in 1998 that if all my friends jump off a bridge I will too. But enough about 1998...let's get back to 2007...

I learned that you love someone you've never met and mourn them when they die.
I learned that Drs are wrong.
I decided some people aren't good to travel with and some are even worse to stay with.
I accepted a leap of faith that left me wondering and then later awestruck.
I acknowledged Valentine's day by praying for new life in my family.
I spent my birthday in Disneyland with friends... most of the time on bed rest or in a wheelchair.
I paid things off only to make even bigger debt later.
I remembered why Springtime is my favorite season.
I developed a relationship with lot's of new inlaws.
I celebrated 2 first birthdays, 3 births and 4 weddings (even though I only made it to one wedding)
I watched friends marry and I listened to marraiges being tested.
I skipped the fireworks to play liars dice in my bathing suit in the dark.
I rejoiced in good food and good friends.
I forgave but I didn't forget to bring someone back into my life... twice.
I gave up on a birthday gift in order to be an adult.
I made up for it with an awesome party with family and friends.
I gave birth and everyone lived to tell the tale.
I focused on breathing through it.
I sarcastically had other breath with me.
I regreted the first day but have cherished every day of the 3 months since.
I was baffled by the forgiveness and grace of some.
I was hurt by the abandonment of another.
I shed tears of joy at the sight of a first smile.
I wept tears of fear as I set myself back into the world of the unknown.
I looked for dream jobs, day jobs and then any old job that paid well.
I planned and then I broke plans.
I gave someone hope.
I gave someone else all the time they wanted to talk.
I took more than I gave sometimes.
I remember what it was like to play like a child again.
I made lists and I crossed off the items one by one.
I celebrated Christmas like I really meant it even when I really wanted to beat someone to death.
I dealt with God's love for me even when I could not surrender to it.
I watched a son forgive his father.
I watched a father become a grandfather.
I watched relationships change as a baby came home.
I revealed in the smallness and closeness of a few as the new year came again.
I wondered how much I'd forgotten and felt blessed by how much I remembered.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

That was beautiful.

Eden said...

You are sooo good at these things...You really are!!!! Did you get my message the other day?

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the other day how we all really did have a good year last year. I wish you an even better one this year. Jenette