Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My First Works for Me Wednesday~


So this week, I'm giving the Linky Love... this is my first Work's for me Wednesday! If you are a reader of my blog who has never heard of Work's for me Wednesday you can click the lovely linked picture above and go check it out (sign up for the Mr Linky and post your own great ideas... it's fun).

Now for my tip...

My daughter is 1. Brushing her teeth was a nightmare. She didn't want to let me brush...she just wanted to grab the tooth brush and chew on it.

I bought a Firefly toothbrush 2 pack. They can be found at T*arget because that's where I got mine. The Firefly has a timer built into the handle (which goes for 1 minute). That part didn't help my daughter at all ... because she's one. But for older kids the timer has a flashing light that flashes until it's time to stop brushing your teeth. My daughter finds the light to be highly entertaining... in my mouth.

So part of my tip is the toothbrush but the second part is...

I gave her 1 brush (which she "brushes" my teeth with) while I brush her teeth with the other one. I figure there is no such thing as too much brushing... even if it's horribly uncoordinated brushing by your one year old. So I open wide and she clunks her brush around in my mouth while I brush her teeth.




** Unrelated- For people who came here looking for my weekly Christmas giveaway please click this link**

5 comments:

Teaseburger said...

Well aren't you clever!!!

Jodi said...

I'm going to look for this brush. I have a 2 YO who loves to brush, but I think this would help.

Kaye said...

Welcome to WFMW! Thanks for sharing!

Mel said...

That is cute...Faith loves when we brush her teeth, she thinks its funny and then she says "do me" meaning do it myself.

Ok, I think I am having a computer illiterated day because I cannot get the link to work properly. Is it just me?? HELP!!

Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

We totally did the same THING! Why do toddlers constantly fight the tooth brushing? Cool brushes though, right?