Saturday, August 18, 2007

Going Nuts!

Last night, I co-ordinated a company picnic for my work which involved a BBQ, kids activities and tickets to see the Modesto Nuts play the San Jose Giants (both minor league teams in our local area).

The event was a huge success, everyone had fun that I talked to and for the first time the spouses and kids of our employees got to see some of the fun side of working for the small company that I work for. I was proud of myself. I had a great time talking to employees and spouses and watching the game.

The thing is... I spent most of the time at the game missing my dad. My dad and I shared many summers of little league baseball games where he coached and I kept score. The smell of the hot-dogs and nachos, the cool night breeze, the crack of the bat and the yell of the crowd. That will always be one of those places that makes me homesick.

I called my dad this morning just to see how he was. He'll never know why. He'd probably think I was nuts if I told him anyhow. And then I got online to look at baseball tickets next year...because I'm so going to buy tickets for my daddy to take my daughter to her first baseball game.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think it's sweet. I call my mom for reasons like that all the time.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the picnic was a sucuess. I'm proud of you. Those thing are not an easy task to pull off.
I enjoyed knowing you have such a nice memory of the summers spent at the ballpark with your daddy
I hope in your conversation with your dad you told him you had been missing him. Even if he is in the same town blocks away