Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Rains Came

The baby and I got up around 7 today after lingering for awhile in the bed sharing pillows and cuddles. I came downstairs and put a batch of blueberry muffins in the oven while she colored on the counter and had some milk. Then we brought our muffins into the livingroom, a rare treat for laylabug, and I put on Mary Poppins to demands made in the form of tap dancing like a penguin. Just as I turned to go up stairs to change for yard sale shopping, I heard it, a steady trickle of rain drops on the sky light at the top of the stairs. With a reluctant sigh I opened the front door to see a steady flow of rain falling down out front marking the end of my yard sale plans and a good time to air out the house. So now laylabug is alternating between dancing to the movie and pointing out the screen door and saying wow. Oh well, we'll still have a good day, just without 25 cent 2T clothing.

No comments: