Saturday, April 02, 2011

And We're Outta There

The last u-haul moving truck of misc. belongings sits in the driveway. It's waiting for morning...mainly because the hubby needs a break and I don't blame him. Many many loads of belongings have been ported from one house to the other and anything bigger than a repurposed diaper box was toted by the hubby, most of the time solo and only this afternoon for a few hours with friends and volunteers from our old college church group. While the helpers were awesome and appreciated, Jon mostly moved alone the first day and the second morning. Then tonight we did a load solo and he just didn't have it in him and instead we decided to take a mini vacate until morning. I on the other hand have been a packing and unpacking fiend and while it takes much much longer to unpack with babies under foot... we're now own a family room, a girls room worthy of playing (until it gets repainted), a mommy/daddy room, and a guest room (affectionately called the Nannie room). The kitchen hutch needs to be assembled and the front living room and garage are both overflowing with things that need to be put in other rooms. Monday there will be a trip to clean the old place and I go back to work. Then Tuesday we'll meet with the manager for the final walk through and I can call the townhouse a place of my past. *thank you Jesus* I find myself wondering where all this stuff was in the old house because we now have almost 3 times more space and I can't for the life of me figure out where to put it. There will be posts about the new house once I have time and get some rooms set up, but I am sooo not there yet. I am just testing out the uverse wifi we just had installed and I promise I'll come write a new post later. Probably much later...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yea for moving into bigger and better houses! I too don't know where stuff is going to live, and I've nearly doubled the space to put stuff. So, for now, all the necessities are unpacked and other stuff just comes out of the garage little by little.

(by the way, if you're going to do a housewarming party, let's try to coordinate so they're not the same weekend. I'm aiming (gotta check with my construction man dad to see if it's a doable date to get the bathroom done by) my birthday...)