Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's my little secret


Jon thinks I am ever the pillow hog. Sometimes I steal his pillows before he goes to bed. But I try to keep myself from doing that. Instead I wait until he goes to work Saturday mornings and the moment I hear his shower start I reach over and grab his pillow. I squish it up and place it under my head.
His pillow is so much better than mine. But the problem with that statement is we don't have "assigned" pillows. See what makes his pillow so great is that is smells like him. It's this strange mixture of coffee, axe body spray, sweaty boy and well and something else that I've never been able to describe. It's always still slightly warm and it feels so good pressed against my face.
I'm not a cuddler it makes me hot but it's comforting to me to know that his smell is there. And sometimes I come to bed and find my daughter like the picture above. It's ok though, I know her dirty secret. She just wants to squish her face up against a soft pillow that smells like us.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

When Anna is sleeping between us, she often will spread out her arms so she is touching both of us while she sleeps. I find it precious. It's like she's finding her place in the world, using us as reference points. Beautiful Layla.