Sunday, March 02, 2008

Where has it gone

I remember when my daughter was born she had a full head of dark brown hair, over time it's lightened and some of it (if not most of it) has fallen out and now I have what looks like a normal baby worth of hair on top of her little head, it sticks straight up, and with the exception of a small bald spot from pushing herself around on her back on the floor it covers her entire scalp in a thin layer.

The funny thing is I never really noticed it was falling out until today when I looked at a picture from when I first brought her home. In that picture her eyes were bright blue, her hair was thick and brown and she was so tiny. Now she's so long and so aware and her hair is almost gone. But, despite all that I never noticed.

It was a small trickle, this growing thing... so slow and small that I never really realized that it had been 5 months, so slow I never noticed that it was life passing before me. Wonder what else I missed.

1 comment:

Glen said...

she is a beautiful, what A doll