Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Are you really?

When you tell someone that you're praying for something for them... do you really do it? How long do you do it? How often do you do it? What is the the reasonable expectation for prayer...

You see I'm waiting to hear about the dream job. I made the final cut and I should know by Friday. I REALLY need this job. On a scale of one to ten the urgency is about an eight. I'm scared. I keep telling people...please pray... and they say "of course I will".

When?

I mean not to be greedy but when I say I'll pray about something for you I pray about it every day until you tell me prayer about it is no longer needed...or I see the result... good or bad. I make a commitment. So here I am waiting and wondering... is my prayer enough? Is anyone out there praying with me? What exactly are they praying for?

I find myself wondering. Should I have been more specific. Should I be praying more than the several times a day I am now. Does it even matter if I am praying about it? And I wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Allie! I've been reading your blog for awhile now, but never posted. I will pray for you. I have a prayer journal, and at the back, I place my prayer requests. If/when they are answered, I mark the date. I should re-phrase--God always answers our prayers, sometimes it is just a little different than what we've asked for. He knows our days and sees the big picture. With that, I will pray for you!
Stacy in NJ

Courtney said...

I'm more of a "prayer in passing" kind of prayer. I don't sit by my bed at night and fold my hands and pray, I fall asleep when I do that. But as I think of people throughout the day, no matter how many times I think about them, I say a quick prayer. Even when I don't have any specific prayer requests for someone, I still lift them up in prayer. So, I guess to answer your question. Yes, I prayer for you, and your family. In fact, I prayed for you about 3 different times yesterday, and each time I reminded myself to get ahold of you to find out if you had heard about the job. Obviously, I forgot... But I remember to pray.

Krista said...

I've been thinking and praying about you and the job all day, anxious to hear if you got it. I do the same as Courtney, that whole prayer in passing thing, but I do stop what I'm doing and pray. I'll continue to do so.

Eden said...

I am like the others. I pray in passing. I have also been thinking about you all day and wondering if you heard anything. I also keep popping over to your blog to see if you updated it at all.