Autumn is a quick season in the central valley and we didn't come close to finishing that list of things to try out...but that's ok, it's not a to do list, it's a list of ideas in case we're looking for something to do.
Winter is gaining on us fast and we're all ready to go. The cupboards are stocked with supplies for big hearty pasta dishes and simple simmered soups. Jackets have been purchased, as well as, hats and mittens in preparation for the first big cold streak.
The rains have come. Thanksgiving is just days away. I think it's time to start thinking about what we'd like to try out this winter.
- I would still like to try and make it to the Discovery Museum
- We have plans already to paint some pottery at Color Me Mine
- I took off time from work so we could Attend the Downtown Turlock Lights Parade
- We need to make a trip to Christmas Tree Lane once it's open
- In family tradition, Anyah will need official Santa pictures this year to document her first Christmas
- Layla and Mommy have some Christmas crafts and decorations to make
- We've started pulling out Christmas movies but we're going to have a Claymation Movie Marathon soon
- I invision Homemade Christmas Sugar Cookies and eat them with Hot Chocolate stirred with a Candy Cane
- We're going to make and use an advent chain this year
- We have to take a family trip to the Hallmark store so that everyone can pick out their ornaments for this year
- Layla has expressed interest in going to the post office and mailing a package and since so much of our family lives far away, we'll get to do that eventually.
- There will be new Christmas Jammies on Christmas eve and all the magic and wonder that comes with Christmas morning
- We are going to attempt *again* to make fudge, maybe this year it will be yummy
- Lastly, I'd like to take the girls to the snow
What about you? What would you like to do this winter?