Thursday, January 20, 2011

Here I Go Again


When 2011 started I thought to myself "well if you can blog once a week that will be awesome" because I have 2 kids and I work nights now and blogging isn't as easy as it used to be. Which is a shame because I really really like it. So I started off the New Year with a mini-goal and on the 2nd week of January... I didn't blog. Hey I'm nothing if not willing to totally bend the rules on account of LIFE HAPPENING. There is so much to update I don't know where to start. So I guess I'll start with me falling down the stairs.
The other day Mom took Layla (but later in the morning) and I stayed home with Anyah after Jon went to work and I had worked a whole night. Anyah was being unpleasant because she was teething and no one had slept. I went downstairs to get a bottle and fell down the stairs. This is the 6th time I've fallen down our stairs due to uncontrollable vertigo.
Jon and I have been looking for a place to live and we thought we had found the perfect place and the landlord seemed to really like us and he was going to run our credit and get back to us that day. Three days later he called to get our birthdays because he needed them to run our credit. Two days after that I haven't heard anything, I left a message yesterday and he never called me back... I'm gonna take that as a no and start looking for another place today.
In addition to my perils with the stairs, Anyah has managed to make it up the first 6 steps twice this week. Stair gates here we come.
Speaking of Anyah she's talking up a storm now. She still says "lay la la" (layla), and "mom mom" (mama), and "by a bye" (bye bye), and "crackah" (cracker), and "hey" (hi) but now she also says "da da da" (daddy), "bYYYb" (bite), and "ra na na" (banana). She crawls as fast as you can walk and she started pulling herself up on furniture last week which resulted in her first forehead bruise and easter egg bump but it hasn't slowed her in the least. She actually clapped when she fell down before she cried... silly baby.
This pulling up business has Layla in complete distress. After all, our response to the baby swiping her stuff was to put it up higher and now the baby is getting up higher, oh the drama. She does like the game where Anyah chases her back and forth between the kitchen and the living room though. Layla is going through an absorbing vocabulary phase and every phrase from Kipper, Diego, Backyardigans, Mommy, Daddy, Nannie, PopPop or Dora the Explorer is open game. "Swiper no Swiping!" is heard here many times a day.
Christmas toys, craft projects, lost socks and things only carried 2 feet inside the living room door litter my downstairs. But, instead of acknowledging the mess like I should and trying to concur it, yesterday I sprung the idea of going to the snow on Jon and we packed the girls up and headed to Pinecrest. Both girls loved the snow (which will be it's own post eventually-maybe) and we went to Knight's Ferry to eat at a 50's Roadside Diner I love before heading home. Because sometimes waiting for the phone to ring and cleaning up yet another mess seems overwhelming and you just need a road trip. It was time well spent, we are road trip people and it did wonders for all of our dispositions.
So now... it's back to the messes, and the attempts to move, and working at the J.O.B. That normal every day stuff we do to get to the parts we really like, the time with the family where Daddy drove us up over the hills and everyone had fun while Mommy took too many pictures.

No comments: