Sunday, October 10, 2010

Guess What I'm Thanking About


I find myself wondering...pondering really...
What will Layla be willing to eat this year?
Will Anyah like the mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce?
Should I make one chocolate cream pie for Jon or two?
Yeah... daydreaming about cooking food for a month from now...totally something I do.
Cajun Turkey, Sourdough Stuffing with Sausage & Apples, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce (this year instead of Cranberry Relish), Deviled Eggs, Green Beans with Bacon & Onions (instead of that same old Green Bean Casserole), Homemade Rolls and pies... oh pies... I love to hate pies.
This year I'm cutting back the number of dishes. There are so few of us now and I always over do it. Plus I have 2 kids and I'll be working the graveyard shift. The menu... it's reduced to the best stuff... well what we think the best stuff is.
We'll save the ham, candied sweet potatoes, two extra veggie dishes and the cranberry relish that takes 2 hours to make for a change...instead maybe we'll actually have some room left in our tummies for 2 pieces of pie...
then again maybe not.

No comments: