Friday, September 21, 2007

5 Hours of Waiting

After this mornings appt at 9 it was more laying around the Drs office being monitored and then after a look at my urine (TMI sorry) it was determined I was way to dehydrated for a woman who was 9 months pregnant so off the the EMC Labor and Delivery Unit we went.

I got a nice dose of IV fluids combined with anti-vomit meds. Layla got another NST stress test and they monitored my BP for awhile. I watched the cooking channel and took a nap. My dutiful husband stayed by my side even when I threatened to scream and vomit because they gave me an IV (I did neither by the way).

Today I got information though and I feel a little better having it. Until I have dialation on my own I'm not a candidate for being induced (only for a C-Section) and as long as I'm not dying and neither is the baby he'd rather not give me a C-Section because I have had a pretty high risk pregnancy and he doesn't want to make my "next" pregnancy even more difficult. Plus I'm at 37-38 weeks (depending on who you ask) so I should start dialating on my own soon anyhow...so he'd rather stick it out.

As soon as we get an opening in the cervix we'll be inducing me. Thus the every 3 day appts to check Layla and make sure I don't need a C-Section and to check that little opening for a chance to run with the bulls.

So for the next three days I'll be laying around on my side, taking anti-vomit pills and thinking about the new Sizzler salad bar which I really want to go to...while impatiently waiting for my green flag.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had a couple of people here ask today how you're doing, so this gives me something to tell them. It really stinks that you aren't feeling well. I'll keep praying.

Anonymous said...

The anticipation of the birth of your first child. Not knowing what to expect but, kind knowing it will be alright. Hundreds of thousands of women do it everyday. Just do what you have been doing Pray and wait. It is all you can do Allie at this time. Good Luck. And when it is all over you will have a great story to tell I am sure of it.

Courtney said...

You're humor and apptite (despite not being able to eat) are still in tact. Leave it to you to want to hurry to get to the new restaurant in town for a buffet! Let me know if you need anything!