Monday, September 10, 2007

Houston We Have a Problem

It appears that while I didn't realize it I actually bought a bassinet for the cat. I can't keep her out of it, and even if I could I might not want to because while she sleeps in it she's not trying to sleep on my chest. Now the problem is, where do you put the baby... down the hall in the crib? in the moses basket on the bed? I dunno... I guess we'll deal with that when we get there.

I'm so bored. I'm not even on full maternity leave yet and I'm already making myself little lists of things to do because without them I'm bored stiff.

God I hope she comes early.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ben ended up sleeping in his carseat for the first two months. He slept better on an incline, and we'd just swaddle him up and set him in there.

One of our cats loved sleeping in his crib, but she grew disinterested in it, and we never had an issue where she was in there when he was.

niobe said...

What is it with cats and babies? My brother and sister-in-law never used the bassinet they bought for their baby because the cat decided that it was actually his new bed. They also had to put a screen over the crib, because, when the cat realized that the baby was sleeping there, the cat tried to take the crib over too.

Anonymous said...

I did not have a cat problem. I had a dog that was jealous. When friends stopped by to see the new baby. She would bring her stuffed dog over and lay it in thier lap as to say here my new baby too.The dog was use to having my husband and I all to herself. Now she had to share. It all worked out and our beloved pet lived to be 19. my daughter is 23