Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Interview by Cheryl @ Red Pens & Diapers

Cheryl over at Red Pens & Diapers (link in the sidebar) got interviewed by another blogger on her site and she asked if any of us would like to be interviewed by her. I volunteered because it sounded like fun and these are the questions she asked me. If anyone would like to be interviewed by me I'm offering up the same deal just email me or leave something in the comments section and I'll send you 5 questions as well.

1) I know you're a talented chef. What is your most hated food that you would never prepare?

I really dislike brussel sprouts. I even hate the way they smell so I would never ever cook a brussel sprout in my own home or anyone else's for that matter. I also have never had great luck with home-made corn bread so I try to avoid that one whenever possible and use a mix. I'm allergic to oranges so we hate those around here too.


2) What do you see happening with your career over the next five years?

I recently got terminated from my job (and no I'm not going to talk about it so don't ask). In the next five years I'll be developing myself in a new career that has yet to be determined and won't be until the end of my SDI for the C- Section I just had. But, I know this much... you learn something from everything you do and I learned a lot from this job...both doing it and leaving it that will be helpful no matter where I go.

3) What is one thing you are craving today?

I am a huge pepsi with ice person and most of my readers know that. What you don't know is that I always want one. It's like be an addict. I'm always thinking about my next pepsi with ice. But not food related today I crave forgiveness and grace. Which I think all of us crave at one time or another in our life.

4) You've had an interesting spiritual path, to say the least. What are you going to tell Layla about it?

Actually this topic comes up a lot in my family. I'm going to be telling my daughter the truth...from a very young age about all the things I've gone through spiritually and how they developed me as a person. If it weren't for some of the pagan things I did my belief would be different and I think that's important for her to understand. I'll tell her to focus on loving well because I think that's the most important part of any religion. And I'll tell her that the grace in Christianity appealed to a broken part of my soul and so I choose to be filled with it. I will tell her that I still struggle daily and that I still sin. And then I will tell her that no matter what path she walks me, daddy and God will always love her.

5) If you suddenly found yourself to be the Queen of the World, what five rules would you immediately impose on your kingdom?

Rule #1- Love others well. Forgive them without question. Accept them without judgment. Help them without asking for something in return.
Rule #2- Be yourself. You are perfect just the way God created you. A brilliant mix of imperfection and chaos. You may not believe it but you will if you just focus on being who you really are.
Rule #3- Learn from your mistakes and from the things you did right. You will fail. You will have shame. You will succeed. You will know joy. No matter what you do right or wrong you can learn so much more from doing things than you can from judging them or watching them from a distance.
Rule #4- Live life like it is something you can't do over because you can't do it over. My mother used to say it was better to be odd than boring. I don't know that I'm odd but I'm definitely willing to make an ass of myself in order to try something and I've gained a lot from that...so can you.
Rule #5- If in doubt...see rule number one... it's the most important.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Excellent responses, Allie.