Thursday, October 26, 2006

Forty Before Forty

Several of the blogs I read on a regular basis have something like a life to do list. My favorite one is the forty by forty list that is available at Chris' site so I decided to steal her idea and make one of my own... let me know what you think.


Forty Before Forty


1. Have a child of my own or adopt a baby that needs a family
2. Go to Europe with my Husband
3. Finally get a group to take a trip to Hawaii
4. Write and be published in a magazine or paper again
5. Cater a formal dinner for my friends and family
6. Take my nieces and nephew (and my own kids if I have them at the time) to Disneyland
7. Become comfortable with singing in public
8. Own my own home
9. Get out of debt (including paying off cars etc)
10. Lose 50 lbs
11. Find real friends and get rid of toxic friends
12. Go on a girls only vacation to someplace nice
13. Go on a cruise with my husband
14. Learn to trust God with all my heart
15. Plan for retirement
16. Make sure everyone has a will and their desires for old age are clearly outlined
17. Read to my kids from the book that Aunt Penny read to me from
18. Make a family cookbook
19. Sell the things I don't need
20. Stop buying new crap I don't need
21. Curse less
22. Stop using others to measure my value as a person
23. Have a savings account with $10,000.00 in it
24. Go see Jeromy in Germany
25. Become a valuable member of my church and community
26. Master another language and then travel to that country with a missionary group
27. Teach my children the family morals and sayings my grandparents and father taught me
28. Tune my piano so I can start playing again for others
29. Re do my wardrobe so that my clothing actually fits and my jewelry is actually in style
30. Stop eating when I'm stressed out and biting my nails when I'm nervous
31. Become a valuable employee and make more than $50,000.00 a year at my job
32. Start volunteering more in my areas of skill
33. Run a function for my church or a local charity
34. Go through all the pictures that I own and scrapbook the keepers and get rid of the rest
35. Start sewing quilts or knitting again for people who I love
36. Learn to photograph well and to be photographed well
37. Get to the point where I blog every day and have a good reader base
38. Start taking time daily for personal growth by exercising, praying more regularly and writing
39. Finally figure out a way to keep up with the responsibilities of working full time and having a clean house
40. Develop my own family traditions for Christmas, Easter, Fourth of July, and Thanksgiving

No comments: