Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back in the workforce!

As to be expected the first day back at work was horribly hard on my both emotionally (leaving my darling daughter) and physically (good god there is a 6 in the morning too?) but I made it through the day with only calling my hubby and my mother once to complain, cry and otherwise freak out.

The second day at work, however, was not to be expected. Suddenly, after a confused and chaos filled first day where no one know where I was going, what I was doing or why I was there I found myself in an office happy to have me, reflective of my skillset, and well...fun to joke around in.

The first day flew by ironically, while the afternoon of the second day seemed to take forever. Meanwhile at home, Auntie who is watching Layla says she's a breeze to handle and Daddy is adapting well to all his time home with the baby now and I'm starting to feel a lot more confident about not calling during every break and lunch hour...not that I plan on stopping.

I miss cuddle time a lot during the day and I suppose I will miss that time for the rest of my life whenever I am away from it. I bet my mother still thinks about my tiny little self sprawled out in the middle the sheets on a hot summer night, and I bet sometimes she misses it. I know I'll never leave for long again without picturing my little baby curled up in a ball sleeping against my side while I rock in my chair.

I couldn't imagine life without it, and I count down to it at the end of the day. I'll count down to it even more at the end of the week. But, it's good for me... and in the end it's good for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep,and you made me cry a little.

Cheryl said...

I remember sitting in the back seat of the car, squished up against the door, just so I could sit next to Ben in his car seat on the way home from daycare. I'd put his little hand in mine and tell him about my day. Even last summer, I still missed him when I was at work and whimpered a bit leaving him. There is such a physical and spiritual connection between parent and baby... it feels totally off balance to be away from them. *hugs* and I'm thrilled the new job RAWKS.

Layla's Nana said...

It's true, you never forget and you never stop missing it

But if you're lucky, your daughter will give you a granddaughter, and it starts all over again :)