Monday, January 28, 2008

Layla @ 4 months old

Oh Laylabug! You're so big now I can hardly believe it.

Things changed so much this month. You gabber on like a teenager who speaks her own little language. You sit upright on the couch and you look around the room so alert and aware. You're suddenly all about grabbing things and touching them. You take the things you really like and rub them up against your chubby little cheeks and laugh.

Some things will never change...and least not any time soon if I have my way. You are the best snuggler right before bed and early in the morning when I try to squeeze a few more minutes of sleep by placing you between daddy and I under the sheets you snore a quiet little moan like snore that tells me you are happy and safe. You laugh when people do silly things... you know... like put on Miley Cyrus music, dance around in front of you, growl or better yet... attempt to buy you new shoes.

You are already such your own little person. You have toys you love (thank you Courtney for the little dog you can't live without) and toys you hate (I don't know what Nana was thinking with a pink poodle rattle). You have foods you like (mmm oatmeal mush) and foods you hate (eww prunes... I'm not 90). You have clothing you love (is it possible to wear a hoodie with your footsie pjs) and things you try to pull off as soon as I put them (socks are for sissy boys).

I'm amazed by you every day. You stay with Auntie a few days a week now and sometimes when I come home and you hear my voice you start to fidget and whine. I feel the same way... like I've waited my whole life to see you ... not just a sulky 8 hours. And that amazes me... how brilliant, lovely and charming someone so small can be.

Still hopelessly wrapped around your little finger...
Love~ Mommy

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Isn't it amazing how your love grows right along with them? Every little thing they do, every new day, brings a new aspect of love to your life.