Friday, January 18, 2008

I Quit!

I know most, if not all, of the ladies in my every other Thursday night scrapbook group read this site. So I'm just going to post this and then you can all read it.

I'm quitting the scrapbooking night. For many reasons really, but the main one is that I don't like how people sort of commit. Seriously, I can never get anyone to say if they are coming or not and even if they say they are coming they may or may not show up... so well... I give up.

I'd rather scrapbook by myself then spend every week setting up tables and calling people only to get another excuse or another false commitment. I'd rather spend my time doing something I enjoy... like watching my adorable daughter learn and grow or making out with my husband.

So if you need me this Thursday... I'll be free as a bird... because I QUIT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I run into this a lot (also a scrapbooker) and it is frustrating! Try going to some outside crops--you'll meet some diehard, non-newbies, I promise!:)

Stacy

Eden said...

I know I am one of the flakers, and I really am sorry. I had hoped you had understood why I had to cancel out but when I cant afford the gas to drive there I cant come. Again, I am sorry I was one of those people.

Anonymous said...

It's not just scrapbooking - it's life. I hate that we had to make an announcement like that before we started our latest Bible study (Captivating) - if you can't make it regularly, please don't come at all... this whole "walking with the Lord" thing takes more than a "I guess I'll go unless something better comes along" attitude. It's the general attitude of so many people these days, and being the kind of person I am (the one who takes commitment seriously), I just get so irked by it!

I hope your first days have been great at your new job. I have been meaning to email you that I do want an invite to Layla's blog.