Wednesday, January 02, 2008

When Potlucks Grow Up

I have been giving a lot of thought to starting a food club. The food network did a whole special before Christmas on groups of people who got together every month for the sole purpose of loving food and cooking. Gee...that sounds like my kind of gig doesn't it.

So I think I might start one and invite my family & friends. Anyone young or old could participate. It's like a potluck with cool monthly themes. Like for instance one month could be Greek food or Spanish food... oh or comfort food...

So what I'm looking for is some themes... and of course willing participants.

Anyone out there want to eat?

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I like to eat! And I like cooking! And some month soon I'll have my own kitchen to cook in! Count me in in the club. Is there any kind of initiation?

Mel said...

Initiations??? I am never good with stuff like that. I already responded on your my space but I saw Courtney's initiation thing and had to comment. Please no initiations...I beg you!!

Meredith said...

Breakfast foods! We had an incredible office potluck where everyone brought their favorite breakfast foods. We had awesome scrambled eggs made with blueberry schnapps, bagels with lox and cream cheese, quiches, homemade donuts and COCO PUFFS. It was really really fun and good!

Of course, I live in Ohio, so I can only attend in spirit! ;)

Eden said...

me me me!!!! I love cooking!!!

Layla's Nana said...

who's that lady on tv that always has the perfect martini to go with every occasion? can I be her and sleep over? :)