Friday, January 25, 2008

That Familiar Tightness

Last night I figured out that we won't be getting a tax return. That's ok though because in a few months we'll be all caught up. It's just this month that I'm worried about, that familiar space between the old paycheck and the new job is a tight space that feels like it's closing in sometimes.

The hubby as always says "there's a plan, stop worrying about it" but I come from a long line of worriers and it's just in my nature so he chuckles every time I pull out a piece of paper and a pen and hatch out that temporary budget again. What else could he do? Nothing. Just like me he's stuck in what is.

Oh what a different $500 could make right now. But there isn't $500 and there won't be... so instead we'll sit in this tight spot a month or two longer....waiting for the future to become the present and the room to open up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some good news is that there WILL be a tax credit rebate coming this summer to everyone who held a job and paid taxes in 2007, and since you also had a baby, she gets a $300 rebate, too... no strings - in the form of a check from the Treasury probably in June or July... I know it's not today, but it's a bright spot to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

here is a link to more info about the above.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/
Taxes/Advice/HowBigWillYourTaxRebate
Be.aspx

Cheryl said...

I'm there with you on the tightness. We're flying to Southern Oregon in a few weeks to see family, and I still don't really have a clue how I can pay my mom back for the ticket money she loaned me interest free. All of our medical deductibles rolled back to zero again at the first of the year, so now we have hundreds to pay towards that already. Ugh. We will be getting a refund though... and that rebate coming in the summer will go straight towards paying off a chunk of our credit cards.