Thursday, February 26, 2009

Making good time

This week has felt like one giant game of hurry up and wait. Work, the kid, the hubby, the family, money and even my menstrual cycle seemed to all be caught in a loop of worry, wait, complete, move on, have to hurry, worry again and so forth. Despite all that it is nice to find myself home while the sun is still shining and watching the baby play on the floor. As she dances along and makes a mess during the boring parts of her TV show I find myself vividly aware of how big she is, how smart, and how beautiful. God's little miracle. She came in her own time and her own way and she's been moving right along at her own speed ever since. Maybe it's time for me to learn yet another thing from being a mom. Maybe I'l be lucky enough to learn that all things happen in their own time and that I have plenty of things to enjoy while I wait.

1 comment:

Layla's Nana said...

Beautifully said..