Sunday, February 08, 2009

Spring Cleaning Bug

Jon and I have both caught the spring cleaning bug. Last week we moved around furniture...giving our living room and dining room a little make over to make them both baby friendly for feeding times. Then yesterday there was the purging of baby toys to boxes, the cleaning of Layla's room, and the reorganizing of our office filing cabinet. Today I'm not sure what will get done but here are some things on our to do list... in no particular order...

  1. Dig the Easter decorations out of the attic
  2. Clean out the closet under the stairs so it is usable not just a giant pile of junk.
  3. Clean out the two baskets in our closet
  4. Donate baby clothing to charity to get it out of our closets
  5. Re-organize the garage and get rid of things we don't need.
  6. MINIMIZE our collection of collections... do we really need all this stuff??

Doesn't that sound like fun?

Today I'm airing out the house and getting some much needed posting lined up on my food blog. I also posted baby pictures finally on Layla's blog and I think I'll make some cowboy cookies later this afternoon. I need to make one more trip to the grocery store and to take a shower with out a baby underfoot and shave my legs.

I'm super excited I start my new shift tomorrow. 6 am to 2:30 pm Monday to Friday for the month of February...then it changes again. That leaves weeks and afternoons with my Layla bug and hubby as well as plenty of time to go back to school.

So I'm going to go deal with the spring cleaning and when I'm done I'm going to get out my work clothes and get ready for tomorrow. Both of which seem much more important then finding a blog prompt right now when I can't think of anything to blog about.

2 comments:

Grammi Teri said...

It's a good thing Grammi Teri loves Laylabug and Allie more than she loves her warm bed @ 5:15 am and wants them to have the best darned nanny in town :)

Trisha said...

I love spring cleaning! It is even better when the weather is warm enough to leave the doors and window open for a few hours. The days are lighter, longer. yea!