Monday, February 19, 2007

4.5 Day Weekend

I ended up taking a half day on Thursday due to my ultrasound being in the afternoon. I didn't go into work on Friday because I was doing prescription filling and feeling rather under the weather due to the flux of hormones. Saturday and Sunday I spent home in various forms of pjs and sweats and today is President's Day. Ironically, this is one of the few holidays my work actually gives us.

Tomorrow I'll be back at work. My life has changed a lot in the last two weeks and it was good to have a few days to catch up on my rest and the laundry. Last night Jon did dishes for me and I went to bed early...soaking up the last of my little weekend off won't be hard.

Next week work is supposed to be chaos. In a way, I'm thankful because it will be a distraction from the two week wait for a second ultra sound. I have a new hire, a possible new hire and a company meeting on Friday to prep. I'll be nice and busy.

Lately I am struck by the awe fairy. There I'll be making dinner or watching tv and it will hit me. There's a baby in there. It's funny even after a short battle with fertility how off guard it can catch me. How baffled I can be by it when I think about it. How careful we are with our hope...

2 comments:

Candace said...

The awe doesn't go away or at least it hasn't for me. I am still praying that everything will work out for you through this pregnancy. I think I will post my pregnancy story on my blog! Mine was a long hard road but so worth the trouble. If you want to bounce over to read it later please do. I may not get to it until later though.

Cheryl said...

Long weekends are delicious. We sent Ben to daycare yesterday and went back home to nap and paint the little guy's bedroom. I'm so bummed the work week had to start again. :( Babies in the belly are extra precious. As C&A said, the awe doesn't really go away. Ben, in utero, was my little buddy who went with me everywhere. A constant companion. It was delightful and comforting.