Thursday, February 22, 2007

Feeling Awfully Pregnant

One of the most ironic things about being pregnant right after struggling with infertility is how grateful you are for the little things.

Throwing up dinner?

Sounds great!

Sleeping for no reas?

Sign me up!

Inability to get comfortable in my work clothing?

Awesome!

Just as long as there is a sign of a baby in there incubating away I'd put up with just about anything. In the last week I've officially moved to the part of being pregnant where you throw up your dinner, sleep more and your clothing doesn't fit right. I'm so excited I can't see straight.

I find myself throwing up and then being excited that "there's a baby in there". In fact, I know another person who is also pregnant right now that is rather baffled by my joy at being miserable. But the way I see it... it's a sign from God.

I know it's probably a stretch that it's a sign from God. It's moreso a sign of hormone levels and bad food choices. But I'm still hopeful and I pray every night for the Lord to hold my hope for me. He's doing an excellent job so far.

3 comments:

Christine said...

They say.... feeling barfy is a GOOD thing! It means your hormone levels are rising, and doing their thing! Hoping for you!!! :)

Cheryl said...

I was sick as a dog with Ben until I was five months pregnant. I didn't mind that much, because I knew that it meant my hormone levels were high. I could only eat grapes, baked potatoes with butter, and ham sandwiches. I'm really glad you're feeling like crap, Allie. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!! I am so happy for you. Still in my prayers!!