Monday, April 28, 2008

Layla @ 7 Months


My Squishy Little LaylaBug,


This month mommy had a lot of ups and a lot of downs. On a day that couldn't get any more down she walked into the room you had been taking a nap from and found you like this. How you managed this half pull up is beyond me because you don't really crawl yet and you just started sitting up on your own. But, that's beside the point. I walked in to find you chewing on the side of the crib and you greeted me with an overwhelmingly happy "HIYA".

You have mastered 3 words which you use at random, HIYA is the most common and the most likely for you to use correctly.

You are in love with your voice and try to use it to your best advantage. You yell at people to get their attention, flirt when you want another Gerber puff and pout when you do not get your way.

You are VERY mobile, although you haven't mastered crawling you use a combination of scooting and rolling to get from what you have to what you're not supposed to have. Thanks to Nana letting you play with a cell phone once you are in love with anything that "might" be a cell phone. You love the calculator, my phone and the remote control all equally but you hold a special place in your heart for the camera and sometimes it's a miracle that we even get pictures without your hand over the lense.

You are a water baby, you love baths and playing in your tub filled with water on a hot day. You are girly, letting me trim your nails, and brush your hair or teeth without a whimper. I painted your toes last month, you really loved that and sat through the whole thing. But your favorite part of any day involves changing your clothing. You giggle and try to help by sticking your arms and legs in and out randomly when you think it might be useful.

Your an open little bug, you'll eat anything but Gerber peas. I do mean anything... although you don't eat much you do make up for it though by eating often. I love the faces you make and I'm especially fond of watching you eat finger foods now that I am home during the day.

You are a bed hog, you spread out at night touching me with one hand and daddy with the other and you sleep through just about anything between 8 pm and 6 am but as soon as you think it's morning you are up and running. You know your little schedule and you keep to it pretty well. I especially like how you will still throw a fit when you are dirty because I think it gives me high hopes for potty training you early.

This month you got fun to play with. You are a little girly version of your daddy... always trying to figure out how to take the toy apart instead of just playing with it. You also love the thrills and adventures just like daddy, always wanting us to toss you, twirl you or flip you upside down. I hope you keep that open mind and joy for life forever. It's my favorite thing about your daddy.

And we love you, all 7 months and 18 pounds of your LaylaBug alone personality, and that will never change

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a precious girl. She's grown so much this month! I love your description about how she wants to take things apart. I can totally picture that!

Layla's Nana said...

Allie, I love layla bug with all my heart but at the rate she's growing up, you'd better get started on Number 2, I can't imagine life without a grandbaby in it now.. all your fault, if Layla wasn't so darn wonderful we wouldn't be needing more babies!

Eden said...

hahahahahaha on your moms comment!!!!!