Monday, April 21, 2008

me = unemployed

So my 3 month battle with working for the dark side is finally over. This morning I was terminated within minutes of walking in the door. I have no references, I have no employment prospectives but my stomach doesn't hurt for the first time in 3 months and "in God I trust" so I think we'll be just fine.

I have 5 weeks of paid family leave left and according to the woman at PFL most people take that before their unemployment so I'm all signed up for that already. After that's gone (if I don't have another job) I'll be signing up for the UI that I've been paying into my whole life.

As for today, the hubby and I are both off so we're going to enjoy some TV time and baby time and get some laundry done. Tomorrow there is a job fair that I plan on going to. I don't have a plan but I do have hope, and that's all a girl really needs.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I hope something fabulous is plopped in your lap. In the meantime, enjoy all the extra time with Layla! Good luck, hon. You'll be in my prayers.

Courtney said...

Oh no! I know you strongly disliked your place of employment, so it's probably a God send. But it still sucks. I'll be prayin'!

niobe said...

I'm glad to hear you sounding hopeful. I'm sure you'll be fine -- better than fine -- but this stuff can be hard.