Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Paint it Black

I have a job. I go there every day and I recieve accomplished praise from at least 2 of my 3 managers everyday. Even yesterday, things that I had changed and made better were acknowledged...right before they riped my team in half, assigning it to someone who I know will break it (because she's already started), reassigned me and then tried to tell me it wasn't a hostile take over and it was for the good of my department.

Unfortunately, I'm not 7 so I haven't fallen for the "it's really for the best" and the "it hurts me more than it hurts you" mentality they tried to take with me. I spent 3 months fixing it, making them work as one unit without bickering, making the numbers go up and the mistakes go down.

Ironically based on the way they did it they will think it works because it will take at least 3-4 weeks for the numbers I increased to gradually pitter to a pat. Hopefully by then I have another job because I refuse to fix the same thing twice. I'm not an insane, I will not do the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

So yesterday I cried and cursed and cared. And today? Today I cashed out... today it's just a job and I go there for exactly my hours every day and then I come home to my kid. It's amazing how someone can kill someone else's passion so easily, like squashing a bug. But I should have expected it. Never trust someone who has a fake smile and talks like a cross between Julia Child and a Disney character.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

And never work for someone who wants to take all the praise and glory, while they make you feel completely useless and incompetent. Spoken from past experience.