Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sticky


Layla has discovered the bowl full of Hershey Kisses. She is old enough to unwrap foil. Her chocoholic addiction has never been happier. Extra emphasis on tooth brush skills is becoming a must.
It's the day before Thanksgiving. I've got about half the things on the menu started and I have a few more I'll prep tomorrow. There is no way to make somethings in advance. I shake my fist in the general direction of those things, but figure I should at least attempt everything else.
The turkey website said a 14 lb bird would take 3-5 days to defrost in the fridge. It's been 6 and it's still frozen solid so I have had to move from casual defrosting to panic defrosting (otherwise known as the under water method) which will start tomorrow morning and continue after I get home from work. I had to do that last year to. Last year it told me 3 days and on day 5 it was still frozen. I think they make that shit up.
Tomorrow Layla has school and Jon is home. Hopefully the result of that will be a little cleaner house when I get home from work so that tomorrow night I can prep more food instead of picking up strange plastic things off the carpet. We'll see how that works out.
Does anyone know where I can get a house elf cheap?

No comments: