Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful & Exhausted


Layla helped me cook this morning. By help, I mean she got in my way a lot while standing on a tiny chair and demanding people let her chop or stir things. I made the full menu and managed to be done and showered on time.
Then after all the food was away and Layla had napped Jon put up the Christmas lights outside (he has to work the rest of the weekend) and then...well we just kept going. The house is decorated, except for a tree that needs to be purchased still.
This week there are things to be worried about. Financial things, baby things, preschool things...but they can all wait until Monday. And for that chance to breath, I am thankful.
Behind me Christmas movies play and a small child patters around in her princess jammies and barefeet. Soon we'll snuggle together in bed. I'll wrap my fingers through her hair while she mumbles herself down for the night. For that, I am also thankful.
And while we sleep upstairs, Jon will wind down his evening surrounded by Christmas decorations he lovingly put up for me because when I am pregnant I am SOOO TIRED, again, I am thankful.
Thankful, and tired... that about sums it up.

No comments: