Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rounding Out

When I was pregnant with Layla I lost a TON of weight but I put most of it back in the course of the 3rd trimester. When the pregnancy was over I was a lot smaller than I started very quickly and I stayed that way for awhile. Eventually though, I lost a job and then another baby and being the stress eater that I am...well... I rounded out a bit.

This time I started off my pregnancy on the heavier side of my normal weight flux. I then proceeded to lose almost 27 lbs in the first half of my pregnancy. Even with the 4 lbs I put back on. I'm still 23 lbs lighter than I started. That means my "maternity" clothes are clothes that I have pretty much always had. I still wear the same size of pants and finally at almost 8 months along I don't have to wear a belt anymore to keep them up. *yes I had to wear a belt around my baby belly for several months*

I know you've all heard this before. The thing is now that I am VERY pregnant looking...Anyah sits so high that I can still wear my pants but my shirts look totally wrong so I had to get a few dresses and I broke out 2 old maternity shirts from last time.

The thing is... I don't know what to pack for the hospital. I mean if I drop weight like I did with Layla from labor... I don't have any pants small enough to wear home and wearing a dress while recovering from a c-section might be a little akward.

Any advise?

1 comment:

kriscake said...

I have been thinking about the same thing. I once heard that you should pack clothes that fit you from 7-8mos. of pregnancy. Hard to say when your weight is fluctuating though. I also hate to pack something that I may be wanting to wear now.
For starters, I am packing the basics and putting a list on top of last minute things such as, my camera or pants that will fit.
All that being said, I still am not sure what to pack :) Lot of help I am.