Saturday, September 11, 2010

Growing Up Together

I was insistent that there had to be two. I was sure their life would be more...better...safer... if there were two of them. It's amazing watching your children grow up. Watching them determine what they like, and seeing what they don't like. It's brilliantly entertaining to see them start to learn the limits of what they will and will not do. I am amazed by the way my girls are the same, the ways they are different.
I wonder about the places they will go. I wonder about the things they will do. I watch with eager anticipation as they experience a world that I thought I knew. I watch as they teach me things I didn't know I didn't know. I see things anew through their love and grace. And I grow up with them...even though there was once a time I thought I was all grown up.

No comments: