Saturday, September 11, 2010

Love


Four years ago I got married...well four years and a few days... because I am running late getting this posted.
Four years ago I got married. Then we had two crazy kids. We learned a lot in four years. We learned what we are patient with and what we have no tolerance for. We learned that love feels much different than it looks on Wednesday night after a full day at work and an evening with the kids.
The thing about being married is that it isn't going to be perfect. We don't always agree. We don't always have the energy we did before we got all wrapped up in adult life. But in four years, you know what, we've still only ever had one real fight. We still end each day with an "I love you" and we are stronger as a pair then we would have ever been as two single people out in this world.

We've changed homes, finances, plans and and lots (and I do mean LOTS) of diapers. We've opened ourselves up to plenty of new experiences and we've held the outside back with nothing more than a give um hell attitude and a lot of respect for our other half.
So we've made it four years and it's still only the beginning of a great adventure... but I can honestly say if I have to go on a life long adventure... I am glad he's going to be the one driving my car.

No comments: