Monday, March 05, 2007

Ah Surreal Life

Today as I was at the Diagnostic Lab getting blood drawn for Sprout's OBGYN to look at. I got to hear the best conversation EV-ah... like totally...

The girl was probably 20. She was raving on and on about this guy who she sees all the time. She raves about him with lot's of likes and totally's to the person on the other end of her cell phone. Then she continues with "no the starbucks on L***er".

Now I'm really listening. My husband works there. Dark hair... ok that narrows it down... tall... also narrows it down... suddenly looks sort of scruffy must not be happy with his wife... oh and he's gotta wedding ring... but it's silver so maybe it's not real... his name... Jon? At least she thinks it's Jon. He's a flirt.

OMG. That's my husband. Honey... hate to break it to you but he's scruffy because he's tired because he has been having trouble sleeping since the wife he knocked up started taking his pillows and insisting that we sleep with the window open.

Sorry. He's mine.

I'd worry about it except you're too young to realize that a happily married Christian man can be nice to you and flirt with you while he makes your coffee and not being trying to get into your pants.

I'm glad I trust my husband... because he's going to get a good laugh out of this one.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Heh. Like, Totally awesome! :)

It's actually kinda cool to find out some other woman thinks your husband is a hottie.... especially when you KNOW he's 100% committed to YOU and only YOU! ;)

Cheryl said...

Priceless. So cool. I think we should start a club. The Lucky Women With Amazing Husbands Club. "The others" just don't understand how such contentment can be possible.

Anonymous said...

That was like.... too funny! What a story. Can't wait to hear his reaction. Totally.