Friday, March 30, 2007

Hello 2nd Trimester!

So I'm in week 12. If you're a man that means nothing to you so let me explain how important that is. Next week, week 13, that's the start of the 2nd trimester. I'll be officially off the high risk list for miscarriages and on to the part of pregnany I like to refer to as fat, swollen and eating solid foods. I am not so patiently counting down the next 6 days.

On the 4th I have a doctors appt where a midwife will tell me (I hope) that the baby is thriving. After that, it should all be downhill. While I'd like to say my hopes aren't getting up I'm going to admit that despite all the burping I'm rather enjoying this now that I heard a heartbeat at home. (By the way I used your lovely advice and my baby's heartbeat appears to be 153 bpm...granted I could have made a mistake so we'll wait for the midwife to confirm I'm doing it right... but then... boy we're going to celebrate).

I have found the cure to the mid afternoon lull. It's called a slurpee. Thank the Lord I am not diabetic. But I'm a slurpee loving fool now. Cherry flavored or pepsi flavored are my favorite. It feels like they are the only drinks that are cold enough for me. I've also discovered that when I eat red meat I'm a lot less likely to get morning sickness.

I can't believe I'm almost a third of the way done.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Praise the Lord! Still praying you the 3 of you. :)

Cheryl said...

That's wonderful, Allie. Each to her own, I guess. Right now it's hard for me to drink beverages colder than room temp. :) I've been craving jelly beans, myself. Did you know that Starburst makes jelly beans around Easter time? They're so good, I think they come straight from heaven.