Friday, March 09, 2007

Waiting


Wow... we're at 9 weeks today. Three more weeks till we're off the high risk list. That seems like forever now but I remember when weeks used to fly by and I try to focus on the fact that a part of me knows that it's just my perception and not that time is actually slowly dwindling to a stop.

My cousin is back from Iraq via Germany now. I accidently ran into him today on my lunch break. Turns out we have the same taste in food still. It was good to see him...he was tired but we got a good laugh about my shirt today which says "Pregnant (not fat)".

I mentioned to him how life as an adult seems a lot like a huge game of hurry up and wait. Hurry up and fill this out then wait for a reply. Hurry up and get there and then wait for a table. Hurry up and make a baby now wait for us to tell you it's ok.

The sun is bright in California today and as I hurried back to work where I knew I'd spend several hours waiting impatiently for my day to end I rolled down the windows in my car, opened my sun roof and sang along with the radio. Hey... if I'm going to wait... I'm going to enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allie,

I just dropped in to check on you today and I couldn't believe my eyes! I am soooo excited for you!!

Trust me. You have my prayers. ... and hope!