Thursday, March 01, 2007

Dinner with Daddy

Tonight my father is coming to dinner at our house. For his birthday this year I gave him a card good for one homemade dinner a month. This will be our first month. I'm excited. I'm planning a pot roast dinner with potatos, carrots and onions and a salad.

I'm also super excited because the baby is ok and I got a new OBGYN which I love. I feel like my blessings are overflowing this week. I can't hardly contain myself.

We have a trip to Disneyland coming up and family coming into town to visit before that so we'll be busy busy. I bet the time till the long awaited 12 week safety game is over will be fast approaching. It's nice to have distractions.

We have a heartbeat so the chance of miscarriage has lessened. It goes down again. I like the sound of that... 4 weeks left and counting.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I still listen to Ben's first heartbeat recording every once and a while. To me it sounds as familiar as his giggle, like, of course that's my son. Your dinner sounds wonderful. I think I'm stuck with scalloped potatoes from a box. Oh well. :)

Anonymous said...

what a great idea for a gift for your dad. i wish i could cook for my dad once a month or more... too bad he lives 800 miles away! but i do when we visit, and when he visits us, so that's nice.

i'm so happy you have some things to keep you busy during the waiting... it'll go by before you know it!!

God bless!