Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Puke Princess

So for the past 2 months I've driven around with a plastic cup in the back seat of my car. The original purpose of this cup was to fill with water when my window wasn't defrosting fast enough in the mornings so I could pour water on my windshield. As of today that cup was a blessing.

Picture yourself driving down the busiest street in your town. For some reason this morning the bumper to bumper traffic problem is classic despite the fact that there is normally no traffic at all. And then you feel it. That 10 second warning that you're about to blow chunks. The taste in the back of your mouth throws you into a panic. And then you remember that stupid disposable cup.

That cup saved my upholstery this morning. Day 4 of morning sickness took on a new twist. I can officially say I can puke and drive at the same time. I ended up with a craving for McDonald's hashbrowns. That was not worth it. I wasted $4.00 there.
I also got the joy of throwing up in a public restroom trash can in front of a small child who began to cry. It's only 9:45.

Yesterday was probably the worst morning sickness I've had yet but I'm thinking of giving it a run for it's money. On the upside, every time I throw up I rejoice a little in my heart. If it wasn't for heartburn from toast and throwing up with no notice I'd forget I was pregnant.

Yesterday I had one of those lovely OBGYN blood labs and I spent most of the day feeling slightly light headed. I had the hubby make me a dinner of top ramen (don't judge me). I woke up this morning to find I had all the pillows and that my husband had resigned himself to sleep on the couch due to my spanning the entire bed in an effort to get comfortable. I felt so good. For a minute.

Ironically enough, tonight is the night that Dad's coming over for dinner. I think I'm going to have to reschedule this time because I'm not sure I can handle cooking food. Right now I can't even handle eating food. I hope the babies doing fine. I didn't throw up all night though and I'm sure 8 hours of sleeping was long enough for my prenatal vitamin & prometrium supplement to make it to Sprout.

A friend of mine sent me the picture below this week. This is the actual size of an 8 week olds fetus' feet. It gives me hope.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Puke... in the form of morning sickness - as much as it sucks is actually a GOOD thing.


I lived on those Ginger People hard candies when I was pregnant. They have them at Whole Foods. If you don't have one where you live, I could send you some! Ginger helps with nausea. Also, those "Preggie Pops" are supposed to be good, but I never tried them.

I always took my prenatals at night for that very reason. I have started taking them again before we TTC again... I swear they make me gag just smelling them now.

Cheryl said...

I was sick for five months with Ben. I lived on baked potatoes and green grapes. Things that helped me: I chewed on three soda crackers before I got out of bed in the morning. During the day, cinnamon candies and ginger candies. And sipping hot tea. I liked blueberry.

But the biggest thing that helped? Zyrtec. Seriously. When I was five weeks pregnant, my morning sickness started. It was so intense, I couldn't get out of bed. I called my doctor's office, and the nurse said they'd give me a prescription for Zyrtec until I felt better.

It made me dopey, so I took it at night, but it took the edge off, and I could go to work finally. It didn't stop my food aversions, though, and I did throw up after eating something that was on "my list." Garlic, beef, chicken, spaghetti.

Anonymous said...

I puked on my way to work in a cup too.... it was full of water... I felt it coming, I rolled down the window, ditched the water out and puked in the cup.... wiped the mascara running down my cheeks from my crying (I always cry when i puke... no idea why!) and went to work and puked some more. Love it!