Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Disneyland Complete with Drama

We're home. It's a miracle. Would you like the recap from my point of view? Of course you would. It's my blog afterall. Here we go...

Thursday after everyone finally got offwork and got their stuff ready to go we left for Disneyland. Two detours, one stop at In & Out Burger and one stop for gas later we were at Disneyland. Arriving at the Disneyland hotel at 1:30 am has it's disadvantages...for instance there is only one employee checking people in so you have to wait in line.

The room was great. We all got settled in pretty quickly and I went to sleep. Some people had trouble sleeping... I wasn't one of them.

The next morning we picked up our gift card at the front desk and went to the park. We at Breakfast at the Carnation place and met Oscar the chef who's worked for the park for a million years. We rode the jungle cruise, Peter Pan, The Winnie the Pooh ride, Haunted Mansion, & Pirates of the Carribean. I think there was one more ride but I can't remember what it was. We walked around A TON. We ate lunch & went back to the hotel to take a nap. We watched the parade and the fireworks. Then we went back to the hotel to bed.

The next morning I had some bleeding. I stayed in the hotel while everyone else went to the park to ride more rides and contacted my OBGYN only to be told by a nurse to get bed rest and no more rides. Later the Midwife called me to tell me to keep my walking to a minimum never walking more than 10 minutes at a time. I spent that day mostly in the hotel crying. I cleaned myself up for lunch with my husband at Tortilla Jos. Then back to the hotel for more rest. Then to Downtown Disney for some quality time with Jon's cousin Sarah and then back to the hotel & to Disneyland for our dinner at Blue Bayou (picture with Hubby below) & to the Ca Park to see the electrical light parade. Then I'm back to the hotel. Still spotting... and panic riden. My mom and her husband offer to fly my home but I decline because nothing could be done if I went home and it's my birthday trip so I'm staying.

The morning after that I sleep in, we all do. It's been a long trip so far. When we get up my husband checks out a wheelchair (picture below) and spends part of the day pushing me around. First he pushes me to La Brea Bakery for breakfast. Then to CA adventure while I spend a lot of time sitting and waiting for people to get off rides. I ride Soaring over Ca. We all see the Aladin musical and we spend some time in the Beasts Library finding out which Disney character we would be. That's about it for that day. Some eating. Some sleeping. I end up back at the hotel after dinner and I don't go back to the park because it's very very boring to sit and wait for people when no one wants to sit with you.

The last day we check out of the hotel and spend the whole day in Disneyland. We do the Early Admission ToonTown and we take pictures with Mickey (below) and the boys take pictures in some of the scenery (also below). Other people ride rides, they use me to cut in line at the Jungle Cruise which we decide I can ride. We do some shopping. The hubby sacrifies his day to pushing me around and sitting with me so I don't have to be by myself while other people frollick off to rides. We leave the park at 7:30 p.m. All tired. All done. We drove home till 1 am.

I suppose it was an alright vacation. I reckon I'll feel much better about it once I get an OBGYN to tell me the baby lived through it just fine. As of yet no one at the OBGYN has returned my call today. There are parts I'll remember, like hanging out with Sarah, watching the parades & getting ride pirates once before I went out of commission.


Jon & I at Blue Bayou


My Only Ride


The Boys Locked in Toontown Jail

Group picture with Mickey Mouse

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems like "glad you had a good trip" doesn't really fit here... so how about "glad you're back?" You keep us posted and we'll keep praying... deal?

Anonymous said...

А! Grazie, buon lavoro! Questa era la roba che dovevo avere.