Friday, May 16, 2008

100 Degrees till Washington



It's going to be over 100 degrees here this weekend. So of course, I have plans this weekend. I'll be at the Oakdale Chocolate Festival with a small stop by the Hughson Fruit & Nut Festival. Lucky me.


I'll be posting reviews of both on Fat Girl Eats once I get back. But this weekend holds something far more important than Chocolate and Nuts. (I bet you didn't know there were things more important than chocolate and nuts).


This weekend the Goofy part of our family (and I mean that in the big floppy earred Disney character sort of way) is moving far far away to Washington. Ok so maybe that isn't 2 fars away... maybe only 1.


As we speak, they've got family helping them pack up in this horrible heat and they are getting ready for one heck of an adventure. Tomorrow there will be a "bye bye bar b que" and after that they'll pack their baby girl in a car seat and take off on a one way road trip. They'll be caravaning with my mother in law and a few others who will help them unpack and then head back home.


It's such a great adventure to set off on your own with a baby and husband to a place you've never been. I'm proud of them for taking a leap of faith and I'll miss them dearly.

It's a good thing she's starting her own blog which I of course will read religiously and hardly ever comment on... just like all the other blogs I read. They were always up for a good time- hanging out, going places and doing things... so I bet it will be fun to read. It' will be fun to watch my little neice get bigger and to see them on the holidays. We'll have to go visit.


But I'll miss them... I really will.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I am SOOOOOO going to miss you too!! Who else am I going to be able to BS with when I am frustrated or depressed? I will make random comments on your blog if you will make random comments on mine?? LOL!!! I Love You sooo much! You have become more than just a sister-in-law to me.