Saturday, May 31, 2008

At the end of a long day

This morning I woke up and fed the baby, after I was done I called my mother to wake her up (per her request) so that she could come and hang out with the baby and I for the day. It was 7:15 when I called her. By 8:15 I had showered, washing both me and the baby and put on makeup. Then one of my good friends called and I settled in to chat while I waited for my mother. At 9:45 she was here and we packed up the baby and did what all sensible women do on Saturday AM, we went yardsale shopping. $12 later, the trunk was full and the tired baby who hadn't taken a nap yet was hungry so we went to perko's and had a little lunch then headed to my grandfathers so he could see his great grand baby and my mom could pick some cherries off his trees.

The thing about my grandfather is that after he divorced my grandmother (or rather she left him) and she died, he remarried the strangest woman I've ever met. She's pretty much erased everything I knew and loved about being a grand-daughter including all picture evidence that my mother and I were ever there. Although my cousin JB still has a few lingering pictures and there are over 100 pictures of her family and friends all over the house. In fact for Christmas I gave them a framed and matted picture with my little family in one block, the baby alone in a block, and my grandfather and the baby in the third block. She removed the family pic and replaced it with one of my cousin JB holding my daughter. The b*tch. I don't know why, I barely see the woman.

So after an akward hour of them watching the baby play we headed off to meet my husband at my Cousin Gails house where I was picking up a BBQ and bed we got at her moving sale. We arrived before my hubby and his brother with the van so we sat down and visited and let the still not napping baby play on the floor. Then the boys came and loaded everything up and we headed to my Great Aunt Lois' apartment because she's never seen the baby.

Up until today I didn't know where the Great Aunt lived really. So I had mom show me and we had a couple hour long visit there while the still never napped baby played on the floor happy as can be. On the drive home (over 30 minutes) the baby fell asleep and immediately woke up when we got home and proceeded to refuse to nap and alternate between giddy joy and meltdown tears all the way through dinner.

The hubby moved all the furniture in and after mom left I fired up the new BBQ and gave it a test run with some BBQ chicken legs and potatoes (BBQ potato recipe now available on Fat Girl Eats). Jon and I enjoyed are first BBQ meal and now he's laying in a near fade to black behind me because he's been up at 3 am the last 4 days for work and I can hear the baby in the next room talking to her bedtime fish on the crib.

I think I'll go fire up the cell phone and call back that friend from this morning, perhaps with a rum and pepsi, I'm way over my old people limit for today and I think I earned it.

Oh and tomorrow? The Apricot Festival all day... boy I hope that baby goes to sleep soon.

No comments: