Monday, May 12, 2008

7 Random Facts MIME

I got tagged for another MIME in email and as usual I'm posting it here for people to do if they would like as a cheap thrill writing prompt. Here are the 7 random things about me... as the instructions I was given in email these 7 wonderful things are all things still "CURRENT" and not about my past. At least not directly about my past. (evil grin)

1. I have been reading the Chowhound site for ages and looking at all the lovely posts and thinking to myself "Why doesn't any ever write about the food here in the Central Valley?" I mean afterall that is where most of the produce comes from. So today I got up the nerve to make my own new login. You see I had a log in a few years back... you know back in my bitter past... and it was time to start anew. While I was at it I created a food blog because I had one of those long ago when I was on Chowhounds and it seemed only right to jump in with both feet if I was really going to jump back in.

2. I'm currently looking for a job in that swiss cheese classifieds sort of way. I have never in my life seen so many crappy jobs posted while all the upper Administrative Management positions are missing. I mean really... a super walmart and a super target opening within 15 minutes of home in each direction. Come on people?

3. In the morning I sometimes pretend to be asleep so I can watch what my daughter does when she's left to her own devices and thinks that no one is watching her. As it appears, my daughter is very much like me and after a few minutes of trying to get her hands on the things she knows she's not supposed to she gets bored with the freedom of being alone and starts to crave company. Usually this means poking either myself or her father until one of us wakes up to play with her. She greets us with a big "hi" and lately with a wave that she taught herself to do. It's the best part of waking up... I don't care what Folgers says.

4. Despite thinking I should lose weight on Saturday morning I sent my husband for some doughnuts to put an end to a craving I had been having since watching Donut Paradise on the Travel Channel the night before. Then I ate 4 in one day.

5. My first mother's day wasn't anything like I imagined my first mother's day to be. So when it was over and I was in bed I laid there for awhile thinking of how I hoped it would be next year before common sense caught up with me and I decided being a Mom was more important than Mother's Day and that thinking about Mother's Day in advance just makes you end up in bed at the end of another Mother's Day pondering the same question.

6. This weekend I am going to the first of many food festivals this food festival season. This weekend is both the Hughson Fruit & Nut Festival and the Oakdale Chocolate Festival (which I find funny being as the Hershey's Chocolate Factory in Oakdale closed down) but I forgive them because they are having a $5.00 chocolate event that I can go to with family and friends. I am looking forward to teaching my daughter about cheap, fun, community based events like my parents taught me.

7. I have become addicted to the travel channel, showing particularly high interest to shows about food. (suprise suprise) Heck I'll even watch Anthony Bourdain or whatever the heck his name is.

Tag you're all it.

No comments: