Friday, May 30, 2008

Right Now

Right now I have nothing in particular to write about. So I go to a writing prompt page I know of and I click it open...and the prompt... write about what's going on around you right now. Thanks for nothing...sigh.

Right now, there is a baby sleeping in the next room. A baby who was cutting a tooth today and who wanted to be held most of the morning. Because of that baby, I was still in my nightgown when my husband got home from work. I was taking a nap with her, her first nap of the day. Later I showered and put the same night gown back on. It's been that kind of day around here.

Right now, there is a husband watching the movie Knocked Up in the living room. I can't make myself watch the movie because for some reason the bar scene really makes me aggitated so I came into the computer to blog. Then I stared at the screen, listened to the fan in the other room and my husband occassionally laughing at the movie and I just wondered off.

Right now, the room I am in is too bright for a day dream. It's a distractingly harsh light from the overhead bulb but I know that if I switch to the free standing lamp the lack of good light will make me sleepy. I've been living fueled by Pepsi and stress and the darkness might swallow me into a land of restless dreams I'm not yet ready to take part in.

Right now, my cell phone is vibrating with another text from the girl I'll be going to a festival with on Sunday. We're both looking for work and as frustrating as it is to be out of a job we are taking comfort in knowing we are not alone by bantering back and forth about Unemployment paperwork, phone interviews and openings we've found while searching.

Right now, I haven't had dinner, it's 9:15 and I'm sure that I won't have dinner. I had lunch close to 4 pm when I had the hubby run to McDonald's because I hadn't eaten yet. It threw the whole day off, but I am thinking longingly about another Pepsi, I've had 4 today so I'm trying to hold myself off.

Right now is a whole lot of nothing... loads of nothing swirling around like washing machine loads of dirty laundry in my head. It's like a constant white noise that keeps me on edge. What next? I don't know. I'm not even entirely sure I know what's right now.

No comments: