Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tour of Homes Part II- Where the food lives

I'm sure you'll all remember that earlier this year I took part in a tour of homes and showed you the basics of my house. Well as a second part of that group of prompts I am now going to show you the inside of my fridge, freezer and pantry... ready? Ok... away we go...

In the interest of journalistic honesty (and pure laziness) I did not clean up the cabinets before showing them to all of America (and anywhere else that wanted to log on) via the internet.


This is Layla's shelf, it's a nice assortment of baby food, cereal boxes, Gerber approved snacks, graduates entrees (which we just started) and tiny juices I use when we take the diaper bag somewhere.
Her formula lives on the counter right now because it doesn't fit anywhere else. Pay no attention to my formula...err I mean the large bottle of rum. The other night mommy needed a drink and she can't reach the shelf. This is also where the chips appearently live.
This is the booze shelf on the top of the pantry. Jon is in charge of keeping things up there because I can't reach it without a chair.
Below that is the boxes of food shelf, this is also where weird foods we'll never eat end up (like the wrong brand of formula, jello someone gave us, and the box of pasta salad).
Below that is the cans and bottles shelf which also houses the pastas and the marshmellow type items that come in bags. There is a loaf of wheat bread in here right now because I accidently bought a loaf on the same day Jon did.
Above the fridge I have canisters of baking goods like flour and sugars.
The top of the microwave is where the rest of the bread lives. We are carb whores, notice the 3 kinds of bread, buns and english muffins...and we've already eaten some of the other options.
Above the stove there is a cabinet of tall things. Cereal boxes, oil jugs, coffee bags etc.
Next to the stove there are spices I use often, the good olive oil and a bowl of onions and garlic.

There is also a spice overflow cabinet.
The freezer is filled with the normal things... meat, frozen veggies, margerine for my picky brother in law, frozen burritos for my not picky husband and some teething toys and ice packs because I'm someone's mommy.
Oh and don't forget the overripe bananas for banana nut bread later and the honking bag of ice in case I need some formula.
The fridge houses a lot of drinks, near the top we have a wide selection...um water, juice, kool aid, cranberry juice, apple juice, formula and milk. Also note the large number of condiments... I like to cook so we aquire a lot of topping type things.
And suprisingly the bottom of the fridge is more of the same, condiments and drinks, soda & beer left over from the last party. (the beer not the soda... we go through soda like oxygen over here)
And the very bottom, a lunch meat and cheese drawer, a veggie drawer and you guessed it... more drinks... some ale and some sparkling grape juice.
I left out the pictures of my bag of potatoes on the floor... use your imagination...

How about you? What's where your food lives?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

We have a couple large, overstuffed cabinets that hold our food. Well, maybe not overstuffed. I don't keep a lot of extra stuff in there. If it's in there, I use it. If it's not, I buy it and use it. But I have a huge variety of different flours for bread making. Our refrigerator is mostly noted for the huge array of yogurt, which my husband goes through like some people I know go through soda. :)