Sunday, May 18, 2008

It was a hot one

Yesterday was a pretty long day. My friend E & I took the kids to the Oakdale Chocolate Festival and ended up outside on one of the hottest days of the year. Man I got a great tan out of that. We walked around shopping, chatting and keeping the kids happy (both kids did very well) and it was a darn good day.

Then I came home and the baby napped without issues. Mainly because I laid down next to her and also fell asleep and got myself a 2 hour nap. By the time we got up it was almost time for Daddy to be home and we played and snacked a little then I made some really good easy calzones and we ate dinner.

After the baby went to bed I sent out the "munchkin?" text and we gathered up our friend Batman for a lovingly sarcastic and brutal Munchkin card game tournament where we played every box we owned but 2. The last game was the best and we successfully killed, tortured and taunted each other for awhile before someone squeeked out with a win because we were seriously out of cards.

After Batman left we sailed undaunted through clean up. We've been married long enough that there was no talking and no running into each other... we each just did our thing until it was done. Then I went to bed.

It was a good day after it really got going. I darn good day.

1 comment:

Eden said...

We had a great time too!!!! Chey is so excited to be spending the summer here. Hopefully we can have long lingering days hanging out playing games, swimming, etc...

p.s. looking for a job SUCKS!!! I want to be a SAHM forever!! Too bad Chad doesnt want another baby :(