Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Are you kidding me?

I've spent weeks talking about how tired I am all the time but I knew it wasn't going to matter much because the hubby has been working a lot and he's tired too. Yesterday when he came home he took an almost 4 and a half hour nap, then he went to bed on time. At 2 am when my daughter woke up crying I dealt with it, it doesn't happen often but at 6:30 when she woke up to a thousand choruses of "hi daddy" and daddy was awake I said... "I guess I don't get to sleep in?" because we had talked about it again last night and there was no sign of him getting up. I was really hoping I could. He asked what time it was and I told him and then he said the one thing you can't say to your overtired wife who hasn't slept in in 7 months..."really because it felt so much later"... and just laid there. Five minutes later I felt bad for the unhappy baby rolling around on the bed and I got up. I cried in the bathroom, I cried while I made baby cereal, I cried while I fed her and then I stopped crying and I wrote this blog. It's not that I don't think he helps because he does... but really... what more is a girl supposed to do for a few hours of good sleep????? As I write this he lays sleeping in the next room. Must be nice.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yeah. I'd punch him in the kidneys. I don't get how my husband gets to stay in bed until he needs to get up, then he goes into the bathroom and does his business and then takes a shower. He doesn't have to juggle two kids while he does this. Our compromise is that on the weekends, I get to take a two-hour nap each day.

Layla's Nana said...

Ooohh Naps are nice, you really don't have to sleep, you could pretend to sleep... read a book... daydream even

When I see you next, I'll take Layla and let you be baby free for a moment, not that you need that, I NEED to have Layla to myself

Sleep is really crucial though, you're like me, you get weepy when you're over tired.

Tell Hubby, it's sleep or tears, which would you prefer?

I'll bet you get to sleep in
:)