Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Collective Sigh

I feel like I could resort to one of those blog points with bulletins that everyone else writes so I am going to...

  • I had to stop taking the fertility pill I was on. I started getting Lactic Acidosis and my liver was very unhappy. There was blood. Lot's of blood. And I'm not talking about the 22 day menstrual cycle I had either. Different blood. And metal tastes in my mouth. Yucky. Project baby is on hold until I can get a Dr's appt about that.
  • Today I drove to my grandfather's to suprise him with a visit. This is the 4th time I've tried and he wasn't home this time either. This time I resorted to leaving a note. I quit.
  • Work has been good. I'm past the 90 day probation period but still stranded at "not my desk" while someone else is training and it's killing my moral.
  • Last night I actually got a full nights sleep for a change. The baby went to bed at 7 (thank you time change) and slept in until 7:35 with only one wake up for a new diaper. It was sweet.
  • I'm very worried about money.
  • My 30th birthday is coming up and I think I'm going to plan myself a nice dinner out with friends and family now. I mean it's getting close and it doesn't seem to be planning itself. (But most things don't)
  • I have today off because I am working Saturdays right now. I love it and hate it all at the same time. I will work 3 Saturdays and then I will rotate off. It was supposed to be 4 Saturdays but I took a 4 day weekend for my birthday.
  • I can't find my sunglasses.
  • I miss having a family that did things together. I recently heard about yet another family going through a divorce and I wish I could write the person in question an email and say... listen dude on behalf of your kids... you're ruining every holiday they have forever.
  • What do you put in an Easter basket?
  • My black eye is going away.
  • Everyone else is pregnant and I am starting to get bitter. So I pray. Then I get tired of praying and I get bitter again. Nice cycle no? I'm working on it.
  • 11 people I know are pregnant.
  • Niobe's baby is beautiful. He makes me smile & I've never seen him in real life.
  • I miss scrapbooking with other girls. Hell I miss talking to other girls in my home.
  • I remember when being someone's friend meant you commited time to them and didn't just read about them on the internet.

Which leads me to the most important thing I'm thinking about right now. I'm thinking about making this blog private.

Thoughts? Opinions?

3 comments:

Layla's Nana said...

I feel I *must* speak to the divorce diaster that could be in the works.
If any of your readers are listening take note:
NO NOT DO IT
They say there are a few good reasons for divorce; adultery, addiction, abuse..
Listen, adultery is a sin but if there are children involve 'get over it' get pissed, get revenge if it makes you feel better (by that I mean distroy his truck, sell his guns, cut holes in his underwear, NOT do the same thing)because of the couple things I've learned in my life...
1. everybody has issues you can't see until you've lived with them a while so even if hubby's issues seem unbearable, the next guys' will at times seem that way too and in fact may be MUCH WORSE
2. different doesnt mean better... you may think it'll be better but it's not so much better as it is *new* and one day you'll realize that you miss *HOME* and you can NEVER NEVER NEVER go home again, make a home like the one you shared with your husband and children
So, take it from someone who has been there, got the tee shirt and deals with a whole new set of issues... find forgiveness, it may take years but you'll get there...

And if you're the wife of someone who thinks different will be better please know that I Pray for you. And my prayer is that you'll remember it's not YOU that has 'issues' even if he says it is... and that eventually, someday... You will be Okay

Enough said, I shouldn't stand on Allie's soap box and preach but I felt the need to 'testify'

God Bless Marriages everywhere... there's always some demon wanting to make it fail

Courtney said...

We always would get a new bathing suit in our Easter Basket from the Easter bunny. Summer is coming... And then there was the usual candy. Yum!

Mel said...

WOW...your life seems as hectic and crazy as mine. First off I want to apologize for not contacting you sooner to see how things are going. I know that sometimes life can be overwhelming and sometimes you just need someone to be a listening ear...I am here if you ever need me for that...heck if you ever need me at all...what are family/friends for?

Easter Baskets...ohhh...that was always fun... our varied based on age...when we were little like Layla we got coloring books and fruit snacks, animal crackers, a new doll or other small toy...and a book usually. As we got older we would get candy, movies, books, gift cards to a store, and age fun toys...when we were much older we got gift cards, candy, prank gifts and movies or cds...the main reason for everyone always getting a basket was to keep the story going for the younger siblings. It was fun.
Hopefully, we will get to spend some time with you when we are down at the end of May early June. Graduation time. Until then...if you feel that making your blog private is what is right for you I hope that you will invite me in...I really like feeling somewhat connected to everything through your blog...
Love you all very much!!!