Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gifts

I want to ask. How could you be a grandparent to this and not see it several times a month? How could you not make an effort, even if it's hard, even if it requires going out of your comfort zone....even if you've got several others. How could this one not be special enough to warrant it's own time.

So what do I want for my 30th birthday? I want to feel loved, just as I want my husband and daughter to feel loved. I want to know that we are worth the commitment. I want an apology. And I want for you to act like you should have been acting all along...without me having to blog about it to make myself feel better.

But, if I can't get that...I guess I'll settle for a target giftcard.

3 comments:

Layla's Nana said...

that child, the one in the picture?

that's the bestest gift in the whole wide world and I feel blessed that you share her with me

what's even better than that childs' smile?
oh the charming impish adorablistic personality that comes with it

niobe said...

Sigh. I know exactly what you mean.

Candace said...

Anna is 3.5 and my parents have probably seen her 5 times. We are only 2.5 hours away from them. The same distance as from my in-laws (my in-laws are here pretty much every other weekend!) I have come to the conclusion that it is just easier for my mother to fuss about how I am not "letting" her be a part of Anna's world than to actually try to be a part of it. It is her loss!!! As with the people that are missing out on Layla's life!