Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In the End Again

So this year I thought I'd play it smart and I eliminated some people from my birthday celebration night because usually it ends up being drama whenever they are around. As it turns out, most of those people were in Jon's family. A tiny little red flag flew up while we were out at my birthday dinner with friends when his mom called and asked Jon to come pick up my card but I pushed it away and after dinner he went on card detail while I went with everyone else back to our place to wait for him. Over an hour and a half later he came home looking worse for the wear. Tear streaked and obviously upset I learned that his brother had struck again. I won't go into details here because I'm sure this situation is drama enough for my sister in law without me posting it on the internet but needless to say...my brother in law dropped another rung on my ladder. This rung, might just have put him out of reach for relationship mending.

Eventually the evening picked up speed again and we found ourselves enjoying a nice game of dice, some adult beverages and a lot of laughter but I woke the next morning pretty bitter about the time I lost on my birthday because this person can't behave himself. It's a sad world we live in.

We went for pancakes on Sunday and his wife was there, as bright and smiling as she normally is. That was a little akward being as everyone who had been at my house the night before was waiting for the shit to hit the fan through out the meal. Family (which was invited) joined us (actually only 1 person who was invited RSVP'd no and that's par for the course for Jon's family- she was "too busy this week"). No worries.

We had pancakes, swapped stories. Did you know my father-in-law went down a zip line in a cave? Crazy. Did you know my cousin Jeromy will be 30 next month too and he wants to have a mud pit at his red-neck party? Awesome. Turns out Alex has a weak stomach and that one of my nephews can set him off by eating bacon like only a two year old can. Did you know my husband will take the baby home so I can spend more time enjoying my guests and my friends will give me a ride when he has to take our car? Cool. How about that Lynn wrote a blog about me over on her site? Or that George and Jen are getting really good at joking around as a team and picking on other people. I also loved when my dad told me how proud he was of me and my father in law for the first time told me that he loved me.

In the end, it was a wonderful weekend filled with little moments. I guess that's all you can ask for at this age....

No comments: