Thursday, March 26, 2009

One Day

Tomorrow puts the ticker at officially one day before my 30th birthday but I plan on being too busy to notice. Jon and I are taking off this morning for a fun filled day in Monterey, CA. There will be sand, sun and shopping. We're also going to have some seafood and spend our first full day alone together without Laylabug (who is staying at our house with Miss Erin).

While one whole day with the hubby might not sound like much to some of you. Most of you know how hard I struggled with attachment issues right after Layla was born and the fact that it has taken a year and half for me to be willing and able to walk away for a WHOLE day just to have fun without her says something about how I'm growing as a mother.

Growing up... I seem to be doing a lot of that lately.

Saturday I will be 30. But tomorrow... I'll just be getting a sun burn (at least if I'm lucky)

3 comments:

Christine said...

Yay!! Happy b-day!!! Mmm.... Fish Hopper!! ;)

niobe said...

Happy Birthday!!!

oklaln86 said...

Happy birthday! Don't get too much sun!