Monday, March 16, 2009

Dark corners

At work for the past 12 days I've been sitting at someone else's desk while my desk has been reapropriated for someone who is training. My new dark corner is lonely and dusty and there are no pictures of my friends or family. It's like going to work on exile island every day. Who knew a desk could make you feel alone and abandoned at work. I live in cubicle city, surrounded by white noise voices and yet there I am alone with no one who I can talk to. I feel emo and like I should start humming swing low sweet chariot on my way to my desk.

3 comments:

Grammi Teri said...

Ah! Are you allowed to "decorate"? A few pics of Layla & Jon would do the trick!

Grammi Teri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Layla's Nana said...

Sing 'This little light of mine" and let it shine shine shine!!